Peter Kiewit Foundation Engineering Academy seeks to recruit and retain students who are committed to supporting and advancing women in engineering in the state of Nebraska, providing students who have financial need with the resources to pursue careers in engineering, computing and construction.
This program is grounded in The Complete Engineer at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering, ensuring students participate in experiential learning in tandem with the technical expertise and education provided by a Big Ten degree.
Through a cohort-based program of 40 scholars each year, these students will be empowered to make a positive impact in their field through exclusive seminar courses, dedicated success coaching and support of a faculty fellows network.
• Covers the cost of tuition and fees not covered by other institutional scholarships
• Pays up to $500 for books at the University Bookstore per semester
• Covers room and board for scholars living in University Housing
• Covers the cost of student laptop equipped for engineering software
• Pays up to $500 for professional business attire
• Students must have applied and been admitted to the College of Engineering
• Students must be a resident of Nebraska
• Students must demonstrate financial need (FAFSA or alternate need analysis form)
• Students must complete the Academy application to be considered
Scholars in the Peter Kiewit Foundation Engineering Academy participate in a wide variety of enriching
co-curricular activities. Beyond enrolling in two seminar courses with their cohort, students will arrive on
campus for a retreat before classes begin, live on campus for at least two years, participate in a learning
community, engage in one-on-one coaching from a dedicated Academy success mentor, and more.
• Career and campus readiness retreat
• Success coaching
• Learning community
• Friends and family day
Majors at Nebraska
Find your specialty at Nebraska’s College of Engineering. Students can choose among these high-demand
majors in engineering, construction and computing. Academic program are offered on campuses in Lincoln
(UNL) and Omaha (UNO).
• Agricultural Engineering
• Architectural Engineering
• Biological Systems Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
• Construction Engineering
• Construction Management
• Electrical Engineering
• Environmental Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Software Engineering
1st August, 2022
Engineering - Industrial