Join the McCarthy Intern Advantage program!
McCarthy's Project Engineer Internship is a competitive hands-on opportunity to learn what a career in construction is all about! Interns are assigned to an active project within their geographic region and report to the Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager on-site. During the internship, tasks are assigned to help the intern gain exposure to the building process and apply her/his engineering and leadership skills to real world situations.
Real Experience. Real Results.
Intern duties are dependent on education and skill level, as well as status of the project, and may include the following:
• Assist team with General Contract and Subcontract administration
• Exposure to Construction Scheduling
• Material & Equipment – procurement and expediting
• Mechanical, electrical and piping systems coordination
• Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
• Participation in and documentation of project coordination meetings
• Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
• Maintenance of As-Built plans
• Exposure to and monitoring of quality control - field and shop
• Monitor and document job-site safety and accident prevention
• Sophomore or Junior working towards Bachelors degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• Valid interest in pursuing a career in Construction/Project Management required
• General knowledge of construction principles/processes
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
30th May, 2022
5th August, 2022
Engineering - Industrial