The Pipeline to Success – Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) at Creighton University allows students the opportunity to develop the skills required to successfully pursue careers in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and many other limitless healthcare professions. Through programmatic activities/resources; access, education and training is provided to EACH student enrolled in the program.
We are looking to recruit 25 high school students (rising juniors and seniors ONLY) and 25 undergraduate students to participate in our upcoming 2022 Online Structured Summer Program. The 2022 Online Structured Summer Program is a structured, six-week program (Monday – Friday) that provides a plethora of academic enrichment opportunities where students partake in classroom instruction focused on upper-level mathematics/science/reading/writing, standardized test preparation, various health-related workshops, professional development seminars, virtual clinical shadowing, virtual field trips, and much more. Sessions are to begin Monday, June 27, 2022 and end Friday, August 5, 2022 – the program daily schedule is Monday – Thursday (10:00 A.M. CST – 3:30 P.M. CST) and Friday (11:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. CST) for the entire six-week session.
PRIORITY DEADLINE: Friday, April 29, 2022
STIPEND: $1,620 (high school) and $2,640 (undergraduate) for the entire 6-week session (and yes, we pay our students to participate in the program…!!!).
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT:
• Completed Application – Submit your application online using the following link: https://hipaa.jotform.com/hsmaca/hcop-online-application-system
• Official or Unofficial Transcript - Kindly contact your school counselor/advisor and have him/her EMAIL your official/unofficial transcript directly to AminatuIssaka@creighton.edu and if for any reason, you may already have in your possession your official/unofficial transcript, upload this document within the online application system while completing your application.
• Letter of Recommendation - Kindly provide the following link to your recommender (mentor, coach, school counselor, school advisor, current/previous teacher, etc.) to complete your letter of recommendation; the letter will be sent to our office directly after he/she clicks the submit button: https://hipaa.jotform.com/hsmaca/recommendation-letter-hcop or if you already have it, upload this document within the online application system while completing your application.
• One-Page Personal Statement – Upload this document within the online application system while completing the application.
HCOP Personal Statement Content:
- Achievements you have accomplished in spite of educational and economic challenges.
- What in your personal, work, or academic background has motivated you to pursue a health profession career?
- What are your eventual career goals in the health professions? (e.g. what health condition, issue and/or population do you want to conduct research in or ultimately work to improve?
- What kind of mentoring/research experience and skillset do you expect to gain this summer that will best assist you in reaching your career goals and dreams?
• Income Tax Return Information (not required for Omaha Public School applicants) – Only need the first two (2) pages which states the taxpayer’s name and taxable income (can be your income tax return or a parent/guardian’s) – upload this document within the online application system while completing the application.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the 2022 Online Structured Summer Program will be held in a virtual e-learning format (online).
27th June, 2022
5th August, 2022
Science - Health